Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbery Samurai

2 posters

:: Companies. :: Newbery

Go down

Newbery Samurai Empty Newbery Samurai

Post by avyas88 Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 pm

I bought this bat and as we all know a Cricket bat could be $400.00 and still suck and it could be $150.00 and you might be surprised with the willow. I just bought a Newbery Samurai and I tried to look it up online but can't seem to get much information on it.
The bat I bought is 2.8-2.10 pounds, massive edges, and has an excellent sweet spot. It almost matches the sweet spot of the Kookaburra Big Kahuna that I have.
I got it for $150.00 since we don't get that many Newbery's in USA.
When I bought it, it wasn't knocked in at all. Its hand made, not hammer edged, not bleached or oiled. I knocked it in myself. Didn't come with a toe guard either as they usually don't.
I am posting some pictures. If anyone has more information on this Bat on how to figure out how to find out the difference between a fake and a real Newbery. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

avyas88
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Newbery Samurai Empty Re: Newbery Samurai

Post by boris4030 Thu May 13, 2010 3:51 am

Ok Great. Let me know what are the special things about this bat? Can we grip it very easily ?Can you able to hit the ball with good power ?

boris4030
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by avyas88 Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 am

Its a great bat...has some scuffles but has almost as good as a power as my kookaburra big kahuna. It has double grip on it and my big kahuna is 3.2+ and this one is only 2.8-2.10 and has good balance as well so automatically its a good easy pick up for me...I havent used it in nets but you could tell it has an amazing sweet spot.
I wish I could post pictures on this forum but I dont know how to.

avyas88
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down